The Mongolia Institute
- hosts and coordinates Mongolian Studies Open Conferences, Mongolia Updates and seminars;
- publishes Mongolian Studies newsletters two to three times per year;
- welcomes Visiting Fellows from across Australia and internationally from Japan, Germany, the United States, China and Europe;
- supports postgraduate students with a strong focus on Mongolia and Mongolia related topics
- a Mongolian Studies online forum.
2017 Mongolia Update: Sustainable Futures
23 June, 2017 Registrations are now open.
There are four courses that specialise in Mongolian Studies at the ANU, including a popular intensive course that is held over two weeks during the summer semester break each year. Courses also include an extended language course, ‘The Mongol Empire in World History’ and ‘From Mongols to Manchus’.
The Mongolia Institute prides itself on our broad range of research across Inner Asia. Our researchers explore Mongolia’s health and traditional medicine, water management, herding existence, political borders, hidden histories and even nuclear weapons disarmament. From archaeology to contemporary culture and politics, the Mongolia Institute’s projects take a holistic view of Mongolia and Mongolian peoples.